Join the HGSS Community Today
We would be delighted to welcome you as a member of HGSS. You will need to complete a simple form which can be downloaded from the links below. Alternatively, please call Sharon on 020 8457 7041 or email the office.
If you are currently a member of another United Synagogue transferring your membership to HGSS is simple.
Tribe Community Membership
We recommend that singles aged between 21 and 30 join HGSS through Tribe Community Membership. The cost is just £5 a month. Find out more
Membership on Marriage
If you wish to be married at HGSS, it is a civil legal requirement that one of the couple be a member of the Shul. Please contact the Shul office to find out how.
Benefits of being a member of HGSS
HGSS shul membership provides you with a fantastic sense of belonging and an environment where you can share all life’s milestones. The benefits of membership that you and your family can enjoy throughout the year include:
- Partnering in the future of the community – Play a part by providing your input and ideas into community events and programmes.
- Warm Caring Community – Knowing that you are part of a community that cares and actively recognises that each member is invaluable.
- Family Matters – Members are supported through all Jewish life cycle celebrations, events and issues.
- Supporting your local shul – Help build and strengthen the Jewish identity and community in your own neighbourhood.
- Shabbat and Holiday services – Traditional services for all the family in a warm and friendly environment.
- Weekly Learning for men and women – Opportunity to participate in classes and discussion groups taking place throughout the week as well as private one‐to‐one learning sessions.
- High Holidays – All members receive tickets and are invited to bring guests to services at HGSS.
- Youth Programming – We offer a dynamic youth programme offering something for all members’ children from babies to young adults.
- Members Programming – The Jewish calendar offers a variety of opportunity for special events which are organised especially for members such as celebrations on Simchat Torah, “Light up the Suburb” Chanukah lighting, Purim entertainment and a communal Seder to name a few.
- Yahrzeit reminders – Members receive timely notification prior to yahrzeit dates and both men and women are offered the opportunity to recite Kaddish in Shul. Men are also offered a mitzvah at the Shabbat service on or prior to a yahrzeit.
- Social and Cultural – A variety of fun and exciting events to help create a network of like‐minded.
- Nefesh Network – As part of a caring community, Nefesh Network arranges visits to members who are in hospital or housebound and can also arrange transport to medical appointments.