Tribe Community Membership
We recommend that singles aged between 21 and 30 join HGSS through Tribe Community Membership. The cost is just £5 a month. Find out more
Membership on Marriage
If you wish to be married at HGSS, it is a civil legal requirement that one of the couple be a member of the Shul. Please contact the Shul office to find out how.
Benefits of being a member of HGSS
HGSS shul membership provides you with a fantastic sense of belonging and an environment where you can share all life’s milestones. We offer a synagogue where you can grow spiritually and intellectually, enrich your Jewish identity, and engage in meaningful acts of social justice. You can share holidays and joyous occasions, and count on our caring community for support in times of need, all while making lifelong friends. Our Rabbinic Team and leadership welcome your ideas, involvement, and seek out opportunities to address you. The benefits of membership that you and your family can enjoy throughout the year include:
- Partnering in the future of the community – Play a part by providing your input and ideas into community events and programmes.
- Warm Caring Community – Knowing that you are part of a community that cares and actively recognises that each member is invaluable.
- Family Matters – Members are supported through all Jewish life cycle celebrations, events and issues.
- Supporting your local shul – Help build and strengthen the Jewish identity and community in your own neighbourhood.
- Shabbat and Holiday services – Traditional services for all the family in a warm and friendly environment.
- Weekly Learning for men and women – Opportunity to participate in classes and discussion groups taking place throughout the week as well as private one‐to‐one learning sessions.
- High Holidays – All members receive tickets and are invited to bring guests to services at HGSS.
- Youth Programming – We offer a dynamic youth programme offering something for all members’ children from babies to young adults.
- Members Programming – The Jewish calendar offers a variety of opportunity for special events which are organised especially for members such as celebrations on Simchat Torah, “Light up the Suburb” Chanukah lighting, Purim entertainment and a communal Seder to name a few.
- Yahrzeit reminders – Members receive timely notification prior to yahrzeit dates and both men and women are offered the opportunity to recite Kaddish in Shul. Men are also offered a mitzvah at the Shabbat service on or prior to a yahrzeit.
- Social and Cultural – A variety of fun and exciting events to help develop groups of the like‐minded.
- Nefesh Network – As part of a caring community, Nefesh Network arranges visits to members who are in hospital or housebound and can also arrange transport to medical appointments.